As you plan your travel to London, you may have concerns around flights and the flexibility required should your plans need to change. We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Key Travel to support your travel planning.
Key Travel is one of the UK’s leading bespoke travel management agencies, and is used by UCL staff and researchers for work-related overseas travel. With Key Travel, we have created an exclusive online portal for UCL students so you can book flights at the academic rates reserved for UCL staff travelling for overseas business.
As a UCL student, booking through the Key Travel portal gives you:
• Access to Academic Rates (discounted) as well as standard fares
• Increased flexibility
• Discounted or waived cancellation and change fees on most routes
• Additional baggage allowance
• All bookings will have 24/7 expert telephone support.
- How to book
To access the Key Travel Booking Tool, you will need a UCL User ID and password. Please note that if you are a new student, you will receive your UCL User ID once you have completed Pre-enrolment. You will only be able to access the Booking Tool 24 hours after completing Pre-enrolment.
When prompted to enter your ‘work email’ please use your userID@ucl.ac.uk and follow the instructions to set up a Key Travel account.
You will receive a confirmation email from Key Travel with a ‘set up new password’ link. Confirm using the link and you will be asked to create your own password.
The booking system is user friendly but you may want to refer to these user guides:
Learn how to create the perfect trip with our step by step KT Online User Guide
- Ensure you are ready to board
Print the Check List for a safe travel.Before leaving home
Please make sure you keep up to date with any airline, airport and country specific regulations and restrictions.Hygiene and cleanliness
- In the absence of a unified set of hygiene safety standards agreed by governments globally, many hotels and airlines are leading the way in implementing their own cleanliness procedures, many in collaboration with hygiene experts, to enable essential travel following COVID-19. Check all details here
Non personal data on your booking may be accessed by a limited number of UCL Professional Services staff for the purposes of supporting and providing for arriving students. Personal information that you provide to complete the booking e.g. passport details will NOT be visible to UCL.
Frequently asked questions
- I cannot access the portal with my UCL account and the password I have created
If you experience any issues accessing the portal, please contact email@example.com or phone this number for assistance 0044 (0)161 819 8900
- Is there a Key Travel app?
Yes, you can download the Key Travel App from the iTunes or Google play stores.
- Can I only book flights to London via Key Travel?
No, our partnership with Key Travel allows you to book flights worldwide and you are not limited in the number of flights you book using their services. This service is available to all UCL students, all year long.
- I have already made travel arrangements to come to London. Does this mean I need to cancel them and re-book via Key Travel?
No. This service is optional. We look forward to welcoming you in London! Our new collaboration with Key Travel is ongoing, so even if you do not need to use their services now, you may wish to during your time at UCL, for example, to travel home for the vacation periods.
- Can I book a hotel or train tickets via Key Travel?
No, only flight bookings are available at present.
- What will I need to do before I arrive in the UK?
UCL Support and Wellbeing have put together some guidance to help you prepare for travel during COVID-19.
- How do I get to campus from the airport?
Once you arrive at the airport, port or train station, you will need to make your way directly to your accommodation. You should try to avoid using public transport if possible. Taxis, although more expensive, are probably the safest option. We would encourage you to pre-book one and pay ahead of time to avoid any complications when you arrive.
You may find the Getting to UCL information on our website useful to plan your journey from the airport.
- Is there someone I can contact at Key Travel if I have questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone this number for assistance 0044 (0)161 819 8900