Please read carefully the following application process guidelines, if you are considering applying to graduate taught programmes at UCL.
If you are applying for a teacher training programme or a research programme, please refer to the relevant guidance elsewhere on the website.
If you are unsure during any stage of the application
process please contact our UCL Graduate Admissions team by calling +44 (0)20
3108 7288 or emailing email@example.com.
1. Identify the degree programme at UCL you wish to study
All graduate taught programmes offered at UCL are listed in the taught degrees section.
2. Check the entry requirements
Check that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in:
- View academic entry requirements in the relevant programme entry of the Graduate Prospectus
- Find out which qualifications UCL accepts from other countries (select your country from the map)
- Check UCL’s English language proficiency requirements, if your previous education has not been conducted in English.
If you have additional questions, a contact name, telephone number and email address is given for each programme on the relevant page of the Graduate Prospectus.
3. Check application deadlines
- Check application deadlines for your programme of interest. Please note that, unless otherwise stated, the application deadline is 5pm on the given deadline date.
- In general, you should apply as soon as you can as many programmes fill up before the deadline. If the programme is full it will not appear as an option in the online application system
- Applications must be submitted and application fees paid (if applicable to your programme) by the applicable deadline
- Consider funding application deadlines, if this applies to you.
4. Submit your application online
Apply directly to UCL for most graduate programmes
Apply for Teacher Training programmes
You must submit your application yourself and not via an agency.
See tips on how to apply from current UCL students
Applications must be supported by:
- two references from people who are able to comment on your suitability for the programme for which you are applying;
- transcripts (in English) for all qualifications that are relevant to your application;
- English language certificate (if applicable)
- See a list of what you need to apply.
Please note that references must be received within two weeks of the programme deadline in order for you to have the best chance of being considered.
5. Await decision
You will be able to track the progress of your application via the UCL Applicants Portal (log-in required).
Find out more about how your application will be assessed.
6. Pay tuition fee deposit (if applicable)
If your application to a postgraduate programme is successful you may need to pay a tuition fee deposit. The deposit is payable for a small number of postgraduate taught programmes as well as the Paediatric Dentistry (DDent). The amount payable is dependent on the mode of study and fee status.