UCL Graduate degrees


International applicants

UCL can assist you with any advice you may need about applying to and studying at UCL. Members of staff regularly attend events overseas to provide information and advice about UCL and you can find if we are visiting your part of the world by visiting our website: www.ucl.ac.uk/international.

Country-specific information

Country-specific information is available on the same website; select your home country from the map. These pages contain an overview of entry requirements for each country as well as relevant funding opportunities, student societies, in-country contacts and other relevant information.

English language support

If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.

The UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (CLIE) offers a range of approved English language courses, including pre-sessional courses of varying length and a one-year Diploma. CLIE also runs part-time in-sessional English language courses for students enrolled at UCL. Courses available include the two-term in-sessional English for Academic Purposes course as well as separate courses in academic speaking, pronunciation, academic reading, or separate academic writing skills courses for students on taught or research programmes.

Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)

If you are an international student from outside the EEA (European Economic Area) and Switzerland and are applying for a taught programme in the fields of Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Mechanical Engineering, you will be required to apply to the UK government for an Academic Technology Approval Scheme clearance certificate. Further details of the scheme are available from the ATAS website at www.fco.gov.uk/atas.

Fees and funding

International students can apply for a range of scholarships and awards. Many students receive funding from their own government or other external sources, so prospective applicants are advised to check with the Ministry of Education in their own country or from the British Council for information about other potential funding opportunities.