UCL Graduate degrees


International applicants

UCL Student Recruitment Marketing can assist you with any advice you may need about applying to and studying at UCL.

Country-specific information

Country-specific information is available on our international students website.  Simply select your home country from the map to see an  overview of entry requirements, as well as relevant funding opportunities, student societies, in-country contacts and other relevant information.

International students website

English language support

If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.

The UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (CLIE) offers a range of approved English language courses, including pre-sessional courses of varying length and a one-year Diploma. CLIE also runs part-time in-sessional English language courses for students enrolled at UCL. Courses available include the two-term in-sessional English for Academic Purposes course as well as separate courses in academic speaking, pronunciation, academic reading, or separate academic writing skills courses for students on taught or research programmes.

English language requirements to study at UCL

Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)

If you are an international student from outside the EEA (European Economic Area) and Switzerland and are applying for a taught programme in the fields of Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Mechanical Engineering, you will be required to apply to the UK government for an Academic Technology Approval Scheme clearance certificate. Further details of the scheme are available from the ATAS website.

Visit the ATAS website

Visiting research students

Students currently enrolled on a PhD overseas can apply to study at UCL as a visiting research student to conduct Research here towards their PhD overseas. You can apply to spend 3 to 12 months at UCL undertaking research which is complementary to the Doctoral/PhD project at your 'home' university. See UCL International Students website for further details.