Terms and conditions
If you are offered a place in UCL accommodation, detailed conditions of the offer and the
accommodation regulations will be sent to you electronically with your offer. The main
general conditions may be summarised as follows:
- Accommodation is provided for you only as long as you remain a registered full-time student at UCL. You must notify the UCL Student Residences Office immediately of any change in your student status. You are not allowed to sub-let or allow any other person to use your room.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- You must pay your fees for residence when you receive your invoice. Failure to pay by the deadline notified will result in a late payment fee and you may be asked to leave the residence. Fees for residence are normally paid on a termly basis (i.e. in three instalments at the beginning of each term).
- Accommodation is normally provided for the standard three terms plus the start of the summer vacation (39 or 40 weeks depending on the residence). In both catered and self-catered residences the offer includes residence for Christmas and Easter vacations. In catered residences, catering is provided for 36 weeks.
- You must abide by the rules and regulations for the residence in which you are provided with a room. In particular, residents must observe the regulations governing safety and security and do nothing to compromise their own or other residents' safety and security. Residents are expected to behave in a manner which encourages good order in their residence. It is also expected that rooms are returned clean.
- Students are responsible for cleaning their own rooms. Bed linen is not provided, but can be purchased.
- Students will need to provide their own kitchen utensils. Students with specific dietary requirements, for whatever reason, are strongly advised to apply for self-catering accommodation only.
- If you wish to leave your place in a UCL residence, you must submit a Notice to Quit online via UCL Student Accommodation Online Services. For both self-catered houses and catered halls, you must give 28 days' notice to quit, expiring at the end of the Christmas vacation in the year you take up residence if you wish to leave at the end of the first term. Full details will accompany your offer.