One Professional Services
Fiona Ryland, Vice-President (Operations):
"I’m delighted to be able to present to colleagues ‘One PS’, a vision for aligning UCL Professional Services.
I sincerely believe that the quality of our Professional Services can provide us with a competitive advantage in the future, making UCL the obvious choice for students, staff and the community, not just because of its academic strength but its sector leading services.”
One PS was introduced at the Professional Services Awards 2019. Watch the video.
Becoming One PS
One Professional Services (One PS) is a commitment to UCL’s professional services working together to solve challenges, ultimately supporting UCL to achieve amazing things and being a great place to work. Together we have a broad range of professional service skills based across, and because of the work that happens across, faculties, VP Offices and central services. It is this collective skill and energy that One PS is looking to harness.
One PS is led by Chief Operating Officer, Fiona Ryland, but looks to align colleagues from across faculties, VP Offices and central divisions.
What does this look like?
- We share a vision
- We share an understanding of what will make the biggest difference to our whole community.
- We work on the big challenges and opportunities together.
- We are ambitious and don’t just follow the sector standards.
- We are one community
- Our services will feel seamless.
- We share success and recognise great behaviours and performance.
- People move between areas to progress their careers.
- We own our success
- Everyone understands how their role contributes to the success of UCL.
- We have clear and transparent performance and reward measures.