About One PS
What does this look like?
- We share a vision
- We share an understanding of what will make the biggest difference to our whole community.
- We work on the big challenges and opportunities together.
- We are ambitious and don’t just follow the sector standards.
- We are one community
- Our services will feel seamless.
- We share success and recognise great behaviours and performance.
- People move between areas to progress their careers.
- We own our success
- Everyone understands how their role contributes to the success of UCL.
- We have clear and transparent performance and reward measures.
Why do we need to create One PS?
- Professional services staff are distributed across UCL in faculties, vice provost offices and central services.
- Although cohesion is improving, there is still much scope to create a more aligned PS community.
- There was no common purpose, vision and priorities for all of PS.
- There are many advantages to creating greater alignment and engagement across all of PS that we are missing out on.
What we’re doing
Several short- and medium-term projects have been identified, the team are getting on with making a difference. The groups involved are from across UCL and we have purposefully included colleagues from the centre, faculties and VP offices. The work includes:
3-month projects (supported by a Working Group)
UCL is not place for unnecessary and unhelpful processes. The Improvement Board encourages all staff to share their suggestions for improvement.
Welcome to UCL
UCL is a great place to work, and we think this should start from your very first day. Through this project we aim to will create a sense of belonging from the start.
Watch this space.
HR Tableau Dashboard
We want to make it easier for departments to submit accreditations. To help with this we are creating a system that is simple and provides a trusted source of information.
Watch this space.
Medium term challenges (supported by a Rapid Solution Teams)
- Research Support (end to end)
- Admissions (end to end)
Share your thoughts
We want the work on One PS to be an ongoing conversation. Please get in touch with us to share your feedback.