Be part of delivering strategic and sustainable procurement at UCL
The procurement team at UCL is moving from a reactive and transactional function, to a body that leads strategic change across the organisation – the impact of Covid, and in particular the financial challenges we now face, provide a burning platform for change and puts procurement into a new space within UCL. Our aim is to deliver a first class Procurement service which supports UCL’s Sustainable Procurement Strategy and the aims of UCL.
Why Join Us
UCL is looking for people with experience in delivering strategic and sustainable procurement methods that meet both operational and commercial outcomes. We are going to make changes that survive by driving a fundamental change in the focus and structure of procurement at UCL.
Our work and change will be guided by six steps:
- Building from a clear and agreed financial baseline – we will take data driven decisions based on our spend and evidence
- Working with the organisation to ensure requirements are clear – we will be the guardians of buying based on need not want
- Use of market intelligence – we will look at industry trends, how comparable organisations are buying and benchmarking our spend
- Flexible and pragmatic sourcing capability – we will understand that UCL is a diverse organisation and its buying reflects this
- Negotiation – we will ensure we are prepared for our negotiations with suppliers and be ready to drive a positive outcome for UCL
- Implementation – we plan how change can be landed across the organisation to ensure benefits and cost savings are returned
This is an exciting time to join the team. UCL is a values based organisation and whilst we have essential financial goals ahead of us we must not impact the academic activities and outcomes. Category management and business partnering will be at the heart of how we do business, we will create value across categories, call out maverick spend and engage directly with divisions and faculties.
Below are a list of or exciting opportunities
- Head of Category Management
Salary: Grade 10 Competitive (inclusive of London allowance)We are looking for a delivery-focused, Heads of Category to work within their newly expanding Commercial Directorate. With experience of driving through commercial change and opportunities to enable cost savings, you will also have experience of working within a large, complex and decentralised organisations.
- Category Manager
Salary: Grade 9 £57,342 - £62,346 per annum (inclusive of London allowance)
Our Category Managers will work as senior managers in one of our procurement category teams. They will oversee procurement and commercial contract management activity; driving forward buying and commercial solutions to deliver strategic drivers for their category
- Junior Category Manager
Salary: Grade 7 £36,028 - £43,533 per annum (inclusive of London allowance)
Our Junior Category Managers will work as part of one of our procurement category teams. They will deliver projects and procurements, working with stakeholders to drive tangible value for money.
- Junior Commercial Analyst
Salary: Grade 6 £29,152 - £34,153 per annum (inclusive of London allowance)
Our Junior Commercial Analysts will work as part of one of our procurement category teams or at the centre of our procurement function. They will provide analytical support to projects and procurements, supporting procurement and commercial contract management activity. This is a developmental role which will provide an opportunity to gain commercial experience and skills.