Mr Mike Rowson
Faculty of Pop Health Sciences
School of Life & Medical Sciences
- Joined UCL
- 9th Mar 2004
My research and teaching interests are related to the policy and political economy of global health, including:
- global health governance;
- human resources for health
- health systems and policy
- health care markets in developing countries;
- the impact of economic change on health outcomes;
- and conflict and health.
IEHC0079 Perspectives on Global Health
GLBH0023 Health Systems in a Global Context
I also contribute to GLBH0003 Health, Poverty and Development; GLBH0004 Conflict, Humanitarianism and Health; GEOG0128 Issues in Global Migration; and IRDR0001 Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards and Vulnerability.
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- MSc, Development Studies | 1995
- University of Warwick
- BSc Hons, Philosophy and Literature | 1993
I am Vice-Dean Education and Faculty Tutor for UCL's Faculty of Population Health Sciences. Previously I was director of education and and Principal Teaching Fellow at UCL's Institute for Global Health.
Before coming to UCL, I was Executive Director of Medact, the global health charity taking action on the health effects of conflict, poverty and environmental change.