Dr Marc Esteve
Dr Marc Esteve
Associate Professor in International Public Management - Co-Director of the Executive MPA
- Room: 3.02, 31 Tavistock Sq.
- Telephone: -
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more
Marc Esteve joined the UCL School of Public Policy in September 2013. He received his PhD in management sciences from ESADE Business School-Ramon Llull University in 2012, and prior to coming to UCL, he was a visiting research fellow at Cardiff Business School (2011), and a postdoc at the Institute of Public Governance and Management (ESADE Business School). Dr Esteve’s primary research interests have focused on understanding how individual characteristics influence decision making, specifically in interorganizational collaborations. He is currently delving more deeply into the mechanisms and effects of personality in the context of collaboration; his present research involves a study that explores the role of core personality variables on the outcomes of collaborations by using experimental designs.
- Mikhaylov S, Esteve M & Campion, A. 2018. AI for the Public Sector: Opportunities and Challenges of Cross-Sector Collaboration. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, 376: 20170357.
- Pencheva I, Esteve M & Mikhaylov S. 2018. Big Data and AI – A Transformational Shift for Government: So, What Next for Research? Forthcoming at Public Policy and Administration.
- Ospina S, Esteve M & Seulki L. 2018. Assessing Qualitative Studies in Public Management Research. Public Administration Review, 78(4): 593–605.
- Losada C & Esteve M. 2018. Management Roles in Political and Senior Civil Servant Positions: A Multiple-Study Approach. Forthcoming at International Public Management Journal.
- Esteve M, Schuster C, Albareda A & Losada C. 2017. The Effects of Doing More with Less in Public Sectors: Empirical Evidence from a Large-Scale Survey. Public Administration Review, 77(4): 544–553.
- Dasandi N & Esteve M. 2017. The Politics-Bureaucracy Interface in Developing Countries. Public Administration and Development, 37(4): 231–245.
- Provost C & Esteve M. 2016. Collective Action Problems in the Contracting of Public Services: Evidence from the UK’s Ministry of Justice. Journal for Strategic Negotiation and Contracting, 2(3): 227–243.
- van Witteloostuijn A.; Esteve M. & Boyne G. 2016. Public Sector Motivation Ad Fonts: Personality Traits as Antecedents of Public Sector Motivation. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 27 (1): 20-35.
- Esteve M, Urbig D, van Witteloostuijn A & Boyne G. 2016. Prosocial Behavior and Public Service Motivation. Public Administration Review, 76(1): 177-187.
- Esteve M.; van Witteloostuijn A. & Boyne G. 2015. The Effects of Public Service Motivation on Collaborative Behavior: Evidence from Three Experimental Games. International Public Management Journal. 18(2): 171-189.
- Baethge C.; Blom-Hansen J.; Bækgraad M.; Dunlop C.; Esteve M.; Jakobsen M.; Kisidia B.; Marvel J.; Moseley A.; Serritzlew S.; Steward P.; Thomsen M.; and Wolf P. 2015. Conducting Experiments in Public Management Research: A Practical Guide. International Public Management Journal. 18(2): 323-342.
- Andrews R., & Esteve M. 2015. Like Ships that Pass in the Night? The Relationship between Public and Private Management Research. International Public Management Journal. 18(1): 31-60.
- Andrews R.; Esteve M, & Ysa T. 2015. Public-Private Joint-Ventures: Mixing Oil and Water? Public Money and Management. 35(4): 265-272.
- Ysa T, Sierra V, & Esteve M. 2014. Determinants of Network Outcomes: The Impact of Managerial Strategies. Public Administration. 92(3): 636-655.
- Esteve M. 2014. Navigating the Complexities of Collaboration. Public Administration Review. 74(2): 281-283.
- Esteve M, Boyne G, Sierra V, & Ysa T. 2013. Organizational Collaboration in the Public Sector: Do Chief Executives Make a Difference? Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory. 23(4): 927-952.
- Esteve M, Grau M, & Valle R. 2013. Assessing Public Sector Values trough the Tri-Axial Model: Empirical Evidence from Spain. Cross Cultural Management: An International Journal. 20(4): 528 -543.
- Esteve M, Ysa T, & Longo F. 2012. The Creation of Innovation through Public-Private Collaboration. Spanish Journal of Cardiology. 65(9): 835-842.
- Ysa T, Gine M, Esteve M, & Sierra V. 2012. Public Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises: Evidence from the Spanish Banking Industry. Public Money and Management. 32(4): 265-272.
- Longo F & Esteve M. 2012. Assessing the Implementation of Managerial Reforms in the Government of Catalonia. Forthcoming at the Public Money and Management. 32(6): 453-460.
- Esteve M, DiLorenzo F, Inglés E, Puig N. 2011. Empirical Evidence of Stakeholder Management in Sports Clubs: The Impact of the Board of Directors. European Sport Management Quarterly. 11(4): 423-440.
- Ysa T & Esteve M. 2011. Assessing Public Networks: Proposal for a New Unit of Analysis, in van de Walle S (2011) New Steering Concepts in Public Management Research in Public Policy Analysis and Management, Volume 21, 41–56. Emerald.
- Ysa T & Esteve M. 2012. Innovation and PPPs, in Greve C & Hodge G. Rethinking Public-Private Partnerships; Strategic Approaches in Turbulent Times. Routledge.
- Esteve, M. & Ysa, T. 2011. Differences between the Public and the Private Sectors? Reviewing the Myth. Public (on-line journal). 22.
- Longo, F. & Esteve, M. 2012. Professional Public Management in the Public Administration in Catalonia: An Analysis of the Current Situation. Public (on-line journal). 25.
- Reig, M. & Esteve, M. 2016. Managing Public-Private Partnerships. Harvard-Deusto Business Review, 257(1): 32-33