Nancy Daza Baez
Nancy is a PhD student in Social Sciences at the UCL Social Research Institute, supervised by Professors Emla Fitzsimons and Lindsey Macmillan. She holds a BSc degree in Economics and an MA degree in Economics from Universidad del Rosario (Colombia). She also holds an MSc degree in Social Policy and Social Research from UCL.
Prior to coming to London, Nancy worked for more than 8 years for the Colombian Government at the Bureau of Economic Studies of the National Department of Planning (DNP), where she was a researcher working on different labour market, inequality and gender topics. She also worked as a consultant to the World Bank. In parallel to her professional experience as applied economist, Nancy taught several modules of introduction to economics and microeconomics at Universidad del Rosario in her natal Colombia.
Her current research is focused on the analysis of intergenerational persistence of inequalities and assortative mating in developing countries. As a researcher at the Bureau of Economic Studies of the National Department of Planning (DNP) she worked in different research projects focused on the measurement of the middle class, labour force participation, gender wage gaps, household savings, and income and wealth inequality in Colombia. All these studies pretended to provide public policy recommendations that could help the government in the design and implementation of policies with high impact over vulnerable groups of population.
- Julio 2012. Gender Earning Gaps around the World: A study of 64 Countries. Co-autores: Hugo Ñopo y Johanna Ramos. International Journal of Manpower, Vol. 33 Iss: 5, pp.464 – 513.
- Febrero 2012. Determinants of Civil Conflict in Colombia: How Robust are they?. Co-autor: Mauricio A. Rodríguez. Defence and Peace Economics Vol. 23, Iss. 2, 2012.
- Mayo 2011. Gender Earnings Gaps in the World. Co-autores: Hugo Ñopo y Johanna Ramos. IZA Discussion Papers 5736, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Enero 2015. Determinantes de la participación laboral en Colombia: 2007-2013. Co-autor: Néstor González. Revista de Economía del Rosario. Vol.18, Iss. 1, 2015 (In Spanish).
- Febrero 2012. Determinantes del Ahorro en Colombia: Estimación para Hogares e Individuos. Tesis de Maestría para obtener el título de Master en Economía. Universidad del Rosario (In Spanish).
- PGTA in Causal Analysis (Political Science Department)
- PGTA in Principles of Social Science Research II (Political Science Department)
- PGTA in Economic of Developing Countries (UCL Social Research Institute)
- PGTA in Introduction to Economics I and II (UCL Social Research Institute)