Jolyon Maugham and Gemma Abbott, the Good Law Project
02 December 2021, 6:00 pm–7:15 pm
Good Law project was founded by Jolyon Maugham QC in 2017 to bring test cases to ‘defend, define and change the law to uphold democracy, protect the environment and ensure no one is left behind’. In its short life it has launched cases to challenge the VIP fast lane for PPE contracts, the use of private emails and WhatsApp by ministers, Heathrow airport expansion, and more. In this seminar Jo Maugham is joined by Gemma Abbott, Good Law Project’s Legal Director, to talk about the highs and lows of their litigation, the effectiveness of the law, and limits of the law, in holding the government to account.
This event is free.
- Participation is free for this public event, but we kindly ask that you register using the link provided.
- Chat will be disabled for attendees, but if you have a question for the panel, please submit it into the Q&A box.
- In the second half of the event, we will select as many questions as possible within the time. You will be given the option to unmute yourself to ask the question.
- Attendees will not be able to turn their camera on.
- The twitter hashtag for this event is: #PolicyandPractice and you can follow us @uclspp
- This webinar will be recorded and made available on our podcast platform 'UCL Political Science Events'
Other events in this series