The Graduate Programme Administrator, Richard Edwards, is the first point of contact for all enquiries about the MA programmes in the Philosophy Department.
Every student is assigned a Personal Tutor, whose contact details are available from the People page. Personal Tutors should be contacted about the following:
- Feedback on overall academic progress
- Advice on module selection
- Pastoral help (issues that are having a minor effect on their studies - i.e. not likely to require an interruption of studies, withdrawal from degree programme, or have a major impact on exams/coursework)
- Advice on course requirements and regulations
- Reference requests
Students should contact the MA Tutor, Dr Rory Phillips, about the following:
- Changes to registration status (requests to change degree programmes, interrupt studies, withdraw from their degree programme).
- Pastoral issues that are likely to have a major effect on their studies (perhaps requiring an interruption of studies, alternative assessment, an extended absence from UCL, etc.)
- When referred to departmental tutor by their personal tutor/department office.
- If the student has an issue which they feel hasn't been adequately addressed by their personal tutor.
MA students can also contact their student academic representative (StAR) about matters they would like discussed at the staff-student consultative committee.