Our distinguished programme for PhD and MPhil.Stud students has resulted in many dissertations of the highest quality, and we have an excellent Placement record.
Here is our full placement record, from the present to 1998, by year of graduation.
- Rowan Mellor: Leverhulme Study Abroad Studentship at the University of Toronto.
- Showkat Ali: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Trinity College Dublin.
- Miguel F. Dos Santos: Lecturer in Philosophy, Exeter College, University of Oxford.
- James Laing: Leverhulme Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Univerity of Dublin.
- Rory Phillips: Teaching Fellowship at University College London.
- David Olbrich: Leverhulme Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Toronto.
- Ashley Shaw: IRC Government of Ireland Post-doctoral Fellow at University College Dublin.
- Laura Luz Silva: University of Antwerp Postdoctoral Researcher 2019-2020. Leverhulme Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Geneva 2020-2022.
- Vanessa Carr: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Leipzig University.
- Dan Guillery: Law and Philosophy Fellowship at the University of Chicago Law School.
- Margaret Hampson: Fixed-Term Lecturer at University of Kent. 2019-21 IRC Government of Ireland Post-doctoral Fellow at University College Dublin. 2021 Permanent Lectureship in Philosophy: University of St Andrews
- Alec Hinshelwood: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Leipzig University.
- Polly Mitchell: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at King’s College London.
- Edgar Phillips: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of Fribourg. 2019 Leverhulme Postdoctoral Research Fellow for Jean Nicod, Paris.
- Jonas Vandieken: Postdoctoral Research Associate (wiss.Mitarbeiter) in Philosophy at LMU Munich.
- Hannah Carnegy-Arbuthnott: Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center for Ethics in Society, Stanford, 2018 postdoc at the Centre de recherche en ethique, based at UdM and McGill. 2019 Permanent Lectureship in Philosophy: University of York.
- Alex Geddes: University of Antwerp postdoctoral researcher. 2017 Research Fellow at the University of Southampton, working on the ERC-funded project 'Better Understanding the Metaphysics of Pregnancy’.
- Ed Lamb: 1 yr Lecturer in Philosophy: Lincoln College, Oxford. 2017- Career Development Fellow in Philosophy, St Edmund's Hall, Oxford
- Sebastian Sanhueza: adjunct professor of philosophy and FONDECYT postdoctoral fellow at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.
- Alex Sayegh: Postdoctoral Fellow at the MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies and a Teaching Associate at the Department of Political Sciences at Yale University (2 years).
- Arthur Schipper: Lecturer in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- Ziqian Zhou: Lecturer, Centre for English Language Communication, National University of Singapore, with joint appointment at the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. 2020 Senior Lecturer, National University of Singapore.
- Chris S. Meyns: Research associate and project manager (New Directions in the Study of the Mind Project) University of Cambridge, Clare College. 2016 Assistant Professor of Early Modern Philosophy, Utrecht University.
- Ed Nettel: Teaching fellow associated with the 'When Experts Disagree' IRC funded research project at University College Dublin.
- Lea Salje: One Year Post-doctoral Research fellow on AHRC Project: Persons as Animals: Understanding the Animal Bases of Agency, Perceptual Knowledge and Thought: Leeds. 2016 Permanent Lectureship: Leeds.
- Maarten Steenhagen: Research Fellow at the Centre for Philosophical Psychology at the University of Antwerp.
- Gabriele Badano: Research Associate at the Centre for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of Cambridge, and non-stipendiary Junior Research Fellow at Girton College 2015. 2018: permanent Lecturer York.
- Mauricio Bielleto-Bueno: CONACYT postdoctoral fellowship, for two years, for doing research and teaching in the Postgraduate Program in Philosophy of Science at UNAM.
- Ben Martin: 2018- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Bergen
- Paloma Atencia-Linares: 2 year Lectureship at the University of Kent (Canterbury).
- Sophie Archer: Jan 2013: Visiting Research Fellow at the University of Southampton: Sept 2013: four year position as Robin Geffen Research Fellow and Tutor at Keble College University of Oxford and as Tutor at Christchurch College, University of Oxford. 2018 Permanent Lectureship in the Philosophy Department at Cardiff University
- Jonny McIntosh (completing PhD) Temporary Lectureship, Queens College, University of Oxford.
- Craig French: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Perception and Action Project, University of Antwerp. 2013-2016 Junior Research Fellow at Trinity Hall, Cambridge University. 2016: Assistant Professor at University of Nottingham
- George Hull: Permanent Lecturer at the University of Cape Town.
- Moises Vaca Paniagua: Post-doctoral Fellowship at the Institute of Philosophy of the UNAM (Universidad National Autonoma de Mexico).
- Chris Jay: (1 year) College Lectureship, Merton College, University of Oxford: 2012: temporary lectureship at University of York.
- Lee Walters: (3 year) Career Development Fellow, Somerville College and the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Oxford: 2013: Permanent Lectureship, University of Southampton.
- Jorg Willhoft: (6 month) Stipendiary Lectureship at St. John's College, Oxford.
- Gabriel Wollner: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Harvard University: 2012: Permanent Lectureship, LSE. 2015 Humbolt in Berlin (see: http://gabrielwollner.net)
- Steinvör Árnadóttir: Guest Lecturer / Teaching Assistant, University of Stirling: 2010: Leverhulme early career fellowship, University of Cambridge, and then Permanent Lectureship, University of Stirling, from 2012.
- Nadine Elzein: Temporary Lectureship, UCL: 2010: 2 year temporary lectureship, Wadham college, University of Oxford. 2015 Temporary lectureship, King's College London.
- Will McNeill: Teaching Fellow York 2010-2013; Lecturer Cardiff University 2013-2014; Teaching Fellow KCL 2015. 2015- permanent Lecturer Southampton
- Ian Phillips: Prize Fellow at All Souls College, Oxford: 2010: Permanent Lectureship, UCL. 2013 CUF Lecturer in Philosophy and Gabriele Taylor Fellow St Anne's College, Oxford.
- Alex Steinberg: Post-Doc at Humboldt University, Berlin.
- Hong Yu Wong: Jacobsen Fellowship from University of London: 2011: Group Leader of the Junior Research Group in Philosophy of Neuroscience at the Centre for Integrative Neuroscience, University of Tübingen, Germany.
- Elizabeth Cripps: Temporary Lectureship at The University of Edinburgh: 2009: British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship: 2012 Permanent Lectureship (Edinburgh).
- Andrew Inkpin: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Eastern Piedmont (2009- 2011). Permanent Lectureship: University of Melbourne: 2011.
- Brent Madison: Permanent Lectureship at the University of Notre Dame, Australia: 2010: a Junior Research Fellowship at the Institute of Advanced Study, University of Warwick. 2012 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, St. Paul's College, University of Sydney.
- Julia Peters: Postdoctoral Fellowship at the European College of Liberal Arts, Berlin: 2009: Research Fellowship, University of Munich. 2013- Assistant Professor, Tübingen
- Ciara Fairley: Junior Research Fellowship, Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
- Tom Sinclair: Junior Research Fellowship, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford: 2009: Permanent Lectureship, University of Manchester,: 2013: Permanent Lectureship, Wadham College, Oxford.
- Miguel Fernandez: Associate Research Fellow, Instituto de Investigaciones Filosoficas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
- Keith Allen: Jacobsen Fellowship from University of London: 2007: Permanent Lectureship at University of York.
- Alex Brown: Temporary Lectureship in Critical Theory at UCL School of Public Policy: 2009: Permanent Lectureship in Politics at UEA (2015 Senior Lecturer UEA)
- Fabian Dorsch: Temporary Lectureship at Fribourg University, Switzerland.: 'Fellowship for Advanced Researchers' from the Swiss National Science Foundation: 2012 Research Professorship at the University of Fribourg, sponsored by Swiss National Science Foundation.
- Brian Feltham: Three year Research Fellowship at the University of Reading: 2008: Politics Lectureship at the University of Reading.
- Colin Johnston: Jacobsen Fellowship from University of London for 3 years: 2008: Permanent Lectureship at the University of Stirling.
- Tom Smith: Junior Research Fellowship at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge: 2007- Permanent Lectureship at Manchester University.
- Georgia Testa: Permanent Lectureship at University of Leeds.
- Alexander Voorhoeve: Permanent Lectureship at London School of Economics. 2015 now Associate Professor.
- Magda Egoumenides: Permanent Lectureship at University of Athens.
- Joel Smith: Temporary Lectureship at University of Essex: 2005: Three year Research Post at the University of Essex: 2007: Permanent Lectureship at Manchester University.
- Ann Whittle: Jacobsen Fellow at Birkbeck College, London: 2005: Five year post at Cambridge University: 2007: Permanent Lectureship at Manchester University.
- Mark Jennings: Teaching Post at Highgate School, London.
- James Tartaglia: Temporary Lectureship at Keele University, converted to a Permanent Lectureship after a year.
- James Wilson: Temporary Lectureship at Surrey University, and subsequently a Temporary Lectureship at Birkbeck College, London and then a Permanent Lectureship at University of Keele. 2012 Permanent Lectureship UCL. 2015 Senior Lecturer UCL.
- Sophie Allen: Temporary Lectureship at St Peter's College, Oxford: 2005: Temporary Lectureship at Magdalen College, Oxford.
- Raj Sehgal: Temporary Lectureship at Surrey University, converted to a Permanent Lectureship after a year.
- Jonathan Webber: Temporary Lectureship at University of Sheffield: 2015 Permanent Reader at Cardiff University.
- Chon Tejedor-Palau: Temporary Lectureship at St Hilda's College, Oxford.
- Heidi Maibom: Postdoctoral Fellow at Washington University, St Louis, and subsequently a tenure-track Assistant Professor at Carleton University, Canada.
- Matthew Nudds: Jacobsen Fellow at Birkbeck College, London, and subsequently a Junior Research Fellow at Jesus College, Oxford, and now a Permanent Lecturer at University of Edinburgh. 2015 Professor at Warwick.
- Matthew Soteriou: Five-year Tutorial Fellowship at Magdalen College, Oxford: 2005: Permanent Lectureship at University of Warwick. 2016- Professor, King’s College London
- Emma Borg: Permanent Lectureship at University of Reading: 2015 Professor (at Reading)
- Paul Faulkner: Permanent Lectureship at University of Sheffield.
- Catriona McKinnon: Permanent Lectureship at University of Exeter, Department of Government, and subsequently a Permanent Lecturer at University of York (Department of Politics) and now a Reader in Political Theory, Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Reading. (2015 now Professor).
- Saladin Meckled-Garcia: Junior Research Fellow, University of Birmingham, and subsequently Rubin Senior Research Fellow, School of Public Policy, UCL, and now Director of Human Rights Studies, School of Public Policy, UCL. 2015 Senior Lecturer.