Institute of the Americas
This opportunity is no longer available
The Institute of the Americas is looking for a number of PGTAs for the academic year 2022-23. Start date: October 2022. Deadline to apply: 4pm, 25 May 2022
Department: Institute of the Americas
- Encountering the Americas: Key Themes and Concepts
- Introduction to Politics
- History and Politics of Latin America c.1930 to the Present
- The Making of Modern America: 1920-present
- Research Methods
Number of hours: Varies (depending on module(s) assigned
Start date: October 2022
Duration: Up to 9 months
Location: PGTAs are expected to be able to commit to be present on the Bloomsbury campus during the terms for which teaching is allocated.
Application deadline: 4pm, 25 May 2022
The purpose of this job is to support teaching and learning in our modules, working with the academic modules convenor(s) through the delivery of small group teaching for students taking modules in the Institute of the Americas.
Main duties of the post are
- tutorial class teaching,
- regular meetings with the module convenor(s),
- provision of feedback to students,
- provision of weekly office hours,
- attendance reporting,
- coursework assessment and examination marking.
PGTAs will be given training in support of their roles.
This core teaching in the 2022/23 academic session will be delivered face to face in a classrom setting (though in-year changes may be necessary). PGTAs are expected to be able to commit to be present on the Bloomsbury campus during the terms for which teaching is allocated.
Please see the full Job Description and information pack for more information.
Requirements for role
PGTAs must be educated to Masters degree level (or equivalent experience) in a field related to History and Politics of the Americas and be working towards a relevant postgraduate research degree (PhD) during the academic year 2022-23. For full details see the job pack.
Where to apply
Please ensure you have read the job pack before applying.
Applications should consist of:
- Covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification requirements of the role
- Specify PGTA application and the module name in the subject heading e.g. PGTA application: Introduction to PoliticsThe Making of Modern America, 1920-present
Applications should be sent via email to Ruth Harper, Institute Manager, email@example.com
For further information about the roles and application process, please contact Ruth Harper, Insitute Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org