This opportunity is no longer available
The department of Biochemical Engineering is looking for PGTAs for 2021-22. Start date:1 September 2021. Deadline to apply:18 July 2021.
Department: Biochemical Engineering
Modules: Various modules - Please see the attached document for details
Number of hours: Approximately 50 Hours in total
Start date: 1 September 2021
Duration: Up to 1 year
Application deadline: 18 July 2021 at 17:00
The purpose of this job is to support teaching and learning in our modules, working with the academic module leads through the delivery of teaching for students taking modules in the Biochemical Engineering Department.
We have “Laboratory PGTA” and “Lecture PGTA”. Main duties of the “Laboratory PGTA” include laboratory and tutorial class teaching and general module support.
Main duties of the “Lecture PGTA” include coursework assessment and marking and general module support, curating online Q&A, etc.
Please read the full job description
Requirements for role
Candidates must be:
- Educated to Masters degree level (or having equivalent experience), in Biochemical Engineering or Biochemistry related field,
- Working towards a postgraduate degree (PhD/EngD).
They should also have:
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, with students, academic and support staff at all levels
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and to respond to changing priorities in a busy environment
- Ability to work independently for short periods and as part of a team, recognising when advice / input needs to be sought
- A high level of accuracy and a keen attention to detail
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build good relationships with colleagues and external partners
- An enthusiasm for teaching,
- Commitment to UCL’s policy of equal opportunity and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds.
Please note that any PGR student wishing to undertake teaching or assessing responsibilities at UCL must have attended the Arena One: Gateway workshop.
How to apply
Please fill in the attached application form and email it to Paula Thomas (email@example.com) by the deadline of 18th July at 5.00pm.