Our program develops students into future academic, corporate, health and public service leaders by providing outstanding foundation in the background and skills needed for success. Many students who complete a PhD in the department stay in academia, either going on to become postdoctoral researchers and ultimately professors. Some go on to further training in fields such as clinical psychology, educational psychology, consultancy or applied research. Others enter industry in consultant and professional roles. A PhD degree taken at UCL is recognised both nationally and internationally as a qualification of the highest status.
Example career destinations:
- University of Magdeburg, Germany, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2012
- University of Tokyo, Japan, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2012
- Office of Survey Methods Research, Bureau of Labor Statistics, USA, 2013
- Birkbeck College, London, Lecturer, 2013
- U British Columbia, Canada, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2013
- UC Santa Barbara, Postdoctoral fellowship, 2014