Stories of Psychology – Women in Psychology: From Invisibility to Influence
The seventh annual Stories of Psychology public event on aspects of the history of psychology takes its theme this year as ‘Women in Psychology’. 2017 marks the 30th anniversary of the founding of the BPS Psychology of Women Section, and we are pleased to have collaborated with the Section to produce the programme for the day.
The event is aimed at a general audience so will be of interest not only to psychologists and historians but also to anyone with an interest in women’s issues and social history.
- Professor Elizabeth Valentine (Royal Holloway, University of London)
- Dr Katherine Hubbard (University of Surrey)
- Dr Nick Midgley (Anna Freud Centre)
- Professor Jan Burns (Canterbury Christ Church University)
- Professor Dame Vicki Bruce (Newcastle University)
- Interview with Susie Orbach (psychotherapist and writer)
There will also be panel discussions and the launch of Senate House Library’s travelling exhibition ‘Pioneer Women Psychologists at the University of London’.
The registration fee includes welcome refreshments and a light buffet lunch.
Event webpage: www.bps.org.uk/stories