Taking care of our environment
We're very proud to be recognised by UCL as the greenest department (5 years in a row and working hard to make that 6!) and we're on a mission to improve the impact of UCL's estate, build community and further research.
We are thrilled to announce that from 1st January 2019 all food provided at catered UCL PALS events will be 100% vegetarian. Find out more about our 100% Veggie initiative here.
Congratulations to our Green Impact Team who picked up numerous UCL Sustainability Awards at the epic annual Green UCL Sustainability Awards.
Watch the video the UCL PALS Green Impact team made on their trip to the Eden Project in Cornwall:
- Travel - find out about how you can do your bit to reduce carbon emissions by changing the way you travel.
- Recycling - find out about UCL's recycling systems.
- Consumption - see how much energy the Faculty of Brain Sciences uses and how you can help reduce it.
- PALS was heavily involved in the audit for UCL's ECO Campus Platinum Award.
Green Impact News: PALS is UCL's Greenest Department... again.
We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded UCL Sustainability Leaders and UCL's Greenest Department at this year's Green Impact Awards Ceremony.
Our excellence projects also won multiple awards, such as Platinum award for Labs, Excellence for Office and Excellence for Special Projects. You can find out more about the UCL Sustainability Awards on the Green UCL website.
Here are some of the projects from this year that we are really proud of:
- Reducing chair loss…recycling our furniture
- Chandler House Garden
- I See What You’ve Done! – How Behavioural Traces Influence Recycling Behaviour at UCL
- Following the Crowd or Following the Norm? Effects of Behavioural Traces vs. Social Norms on Pro-Environmental Donations
- Pollution Mask
- PALS FoodCam / Food Waste
- PALS Green Impact visit to Eden Project video