PALS Green Day 16/3/17
13 March 2017
Green Day is now only 4 days away and rest assured, we have a packed schedule of events in store to mark the occasion! Celebrate with us by taking part in some or all of the free activities listed below…
- Grow your own: seed and herb-planting. Some pots will be provided but please bring an old yoghurt pot or paper cup to plant in if you can. (Alexandra House, Bedford Way & Chandler House)
- Book swap: bring in any old books that you’re finished with and swap them with others (Bedford Way & Chandler House).
- PALS ‘Art from Junk competition’ & The Great Green Bake-off (Bedford Way Common Room at 2.15pm)
- PALS PPG Coffee and Bake Sale, with proceeds going to local charities London Wildlife Trust and The Conservation Volunteers (2.30pm room 311, Bedford Wa
- Screening of Leonardo Di Caprio’s ‘Before The Flood’ (3.00 room 448, Bedford Way)
- Recycling small electrical equipment (Bedford Way only)
- Look out for green footprints around all of the PALS buildings and follow them up the stairs, instead of using the lifts, if you are able to. Burn calories, not carbon!
- Make a PALS Green Pledge using selfie frame and upload your photo to #PALSGREENDAY17 (all PALS locations)
- Enjoy a wide spread of vegetarian food, served all day in the Bedford Way Cafe
- Look out for green-themed videos and slides, that will be shown in all PALS locations
- And finally…do your best to act in an environmentally friendly way!
If you would like to get more involved, you can join the PALS Green Impact team, and help us be as green as possible throughout the year! Please contact John Draper (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to do so.