Open education workshop
We run workshops on Open Education to complement Open Science seminars at UCL, and can also present to bespoke groups at any level, including faculty or departmental staff, doctoral students, early career researchers, and students.
The OE workshop includes information about
- Open educational resources
- What are OER?
- Creating OER and depositing in the institutional OER repository
- Turn existing teaching materials into OER
- Finding/searching OER within and outside UCL, and reusing OER for teaching/learning
- Publishing open educational resources
- IPR inc. copyright, licensing, and third-party content
- Open teaching/learning practices
- Open pedagogies inc. the Connected Curriculum
- Publishing student-generated content as an exemplar of teaching outcome
We also have information about tools available for students and staff here.
Request for content
- OER: If you have teaching materials you would like to publish through the repository, we are happy to work with you to facilitate this
- Case studies: We are looking to develop case studies relating to open teaching/learning practices. Contact us if you or someone you know
- Use OER for teaching, training, or learning purposes
- Use open data, research, or open-source software for teaching, training, or learning purposes
- Create, publish, or re-work teaching materials into OER
- Approach teaching and training through other open methods/models