myUCL is UCL's weekly all-student e-newsletter, developed to help improve the way UCL communicates with all undergraduates and postgraduates.
Featuring UCL-wide announcements, news, events, opportunities and need-to-know information, myUCL highlights what is happening across the campus.
How was it created?
Staff and students from all parts of UCL assisted in the process of developing myUCL with a staff steering group made up of key communications staff at UCL and UCLU and a student focus group made up of students across campus. The first iteration of myUCL was launched in October 2014.
In the summer of 2015, UCL Communications and Marketing (CAM) then conducted research with students to improve the look and feel of myUCL the all-student e-newsletter.
The revamped myUCL was relaunched on Friday 2 October 2015 thanks to student feedback, with a more appealing and user friendly format.
myUCL is read by more than 10,000 students - both undergraduate and postgraduate - per week, and reaches on average 25-30% of the potential student audience. Past issues of myUCL are available to browse and download in an archive hosted on UCL Student News.
What is included in myUCL?
The newsletter consists of a section to promote events, flag opportunities to get involved with activities on campus and highlight relevant news items.
Here is what is included in the sections making up the newsletter:
- Announcements: important messages from around UCL
- Opportunities: things to get involved with around campus from filmmaking courses to volunteering opportunities
- #loveUCL Instagram competition: images from around UCL
- What's on: events run by all parts of UCL and how to book/register
- Features: good news stories from the UCL community
- Take part in UCL research: surveys and research opportunities
- UCL in the media: interesting news articles featuring UCL and its staff
- Seven questions with: hear more about the variety of students, staff, researchers and projects at UCL
How can I submit a story?
If you have something you would like to be included in myUCL, please send us an email with a brief outline of what the feature is: studentcommunications [at] ucl.ac.uk. For inclusion in that week's edition, please send your submission by midday on Wednesday each week at the latest.
We are particularly keen to hear from students who have stories, images and media to share and those who would like to be featured in 'Seven questions with'.
myUCL is managed by the UCL Communications & Marketing office. For more information see the myUCL Editorial Policy.