myUCL is UCL's weekly all-student e-newsletter, developed to help improve the way UCL communicates with all undergraduates and postgraduates.
How was it created?
Staff and students from all parts of UCL assisted in the process of developing myUCL with a staff steering group made up of key communications staff at UCL and UCLU, and a student focus group made up of students across campus. The first iteration of myUCL was launched in October 2014. Since the launch, UCL Communications and Marketing (CAM) has conducted research with students to improve the look and feel of myUCL.
What is included in myUCL?
- Announcements: important messages from around UCL;
- Opportunities: things to get involved with around campus, from filmmaking and foodie activities, to volunteering and talks with world leaders;
- The #loveUCL Instagram competition: showcasing images taken by students around campus;
- What's on: events open exclusively to our students;
- Features: good news stories from the UCL community;
- UCL in the media: interesting news articles from across UCL;
- Seven Questions: students share their stories through our weekly interview pieces.
How can I submit a story?
If you have something you would like to be included in myUCL, please send us an email with a brief outline of what the feature is. For inclusion in that week's edition, please send your submission by midday on Wednesday each week at the latest. We are particularly keen to hear from students who have stories, images and media to share, and those who would like to be featured in our 'Seven Questions' pieces.
myUCL is managed by the UCL Communications & Marketing office. For more information, please see the myUCL Editorial Policy.