Instagrammer in Residence
Want to show off your photography skills and have your photos promoted by UCL?
Become a UCL Instagrammer in Residence and have a selection of your photos of UCL and London featured on the official UCL Instagram account and digital displays around campus for one week as a #UCLInstagrammerinResidence.
See our previous Instagrammers in Residence below.
- Terms and Conditions
- You must be a current and enrolled student of UCL.
- You must post a minimum of 4 photos during your week of residency.
- All photos must be your own.
- Your photos should: 1) capture the dynamism of life at UCL; 2) contain original and interesting subject matter; 3) demonstrate strong composition.
- Only photographs posted on your Instagram account and with the #UCLInstagrammerinResidence hashtag during your week of residency will be eligible to be shared by UCL.
- Only GDPR compliant photographs will be shared by UCL. See below for guidance.
- You must agree to the terms and conditions and to your submitted photos potentially being published in the myUCL newsletter, on UCL's official social media channels, across UCL's websites, and in UCL printed and digital publications.
- Although participants will be remunerated for their participation with a £25 Amazon voucher, this will not be considered to constitute a contract of employment.
- GDPR Compliance
In order for UCL to share an Instagrammer in Residence’s photos via our communications channels they must be compliant with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that photos should not feature identifiable people without evidence of their express permission. Here are ways of taking GDPR compliant photos:Take shots of buildings or scenery not featuring people.Take shots of a group or large number of people who aren’t reasonably identifiable.If taking a photo that you'd like us to share which focuses on an individual or small group where the people featured are reasonably identifiable (as in the photo above), make sure you 1) obtain written permission from the people who will be featured before taking the photo, and 2) send this written permission to email@example.com. Written permission can be obtained by having featured people sign this consent form. Simple written confirmation from each reasonably identifiable person that you have their permission to take their photo and for UCL to share that photo on our communications channels will also suffice. Note that permission requires noting an email address or phone number of each of the reasonably identifiable people featured in the photo. UCL will not be able to share any image(s) on our communications channels which feature people we don’t have permission from.If a person or people is/are captured incidentally in the background of a shot and their face(s) is/are identifiable, UCL can attempt to blur their face(s) in order for us to be able to share the shot on our Instagram and other accounts, as long as doing so does not diminish the photo.
Please note that GDPR compliance pertains to UCL’s ability to share the photos an Instagrammer in Residence takes. The photos an Instagrammer in Residence shares on their own Instagram account do not have to be GDPR compliant. As mentioned though, non-GDPR compliant photos will not be shared via UCL communications channels except where UCL can de-identify incidental people through blurring of faces. Please use this consent form to record permission from reasonably identifiable people in any photos you take and which you'd like UCL to share.