Proposals invited for IOE/UCL Strategic Partnership Research Fund
2 May 2013
The Fund is intended to broker significant
research collaboration between IOE and UCL in the areas identified as part of
the Strategic Partnership discussions. It is intended to facilitate collaboration as a basis for major growth
in externally funded research activity and the preparation of significant
proposals for research innovation.
Proposals are welcome in any field but particularly those identified as part of the Strategic Partnership discussions, namely: longitudinal studies; brain and cognition; computer science; global health; clinical and medical education; health education; and applied health research/research into policy.
The project proposal should:
(1) be jointly submitted by IOE and UCL academic staff
(2) promote genuine collaboration between the two institutions
(3) facilitate innovation
(4) provide scope for external funding where possible
(1) outline clear plans including a management plan and a budget which can cover staff time and other direct project costs
(2) indicate academic outcomes including achievable progress in research development
(3) Identification of possible funders
(4) set out the ways in which collaboration will secure academic impact for both IOE and UCL.
Preference will be given to proposals that leverage future research funding
Proposals should be made on the application form and be no more than 3 pages in length. Applications should also include 2 page CVs for the institutional leads. The maximum amount for any individual bid to the Strategic Partnership Research fund will normally be £15,000. The fund is intended to cover staff time and direct costs only.
Professor Graham Hart (UCL) and Professor Andrew Tolmie (IoE) will review the applications and allocate the funds.
The deadline for submissions is 31 May 2013. Allocations will be announced by mid-June.
Marion Lowe, Project Manager, IOE/UCL Strategic Partnership