Be in the running for a £100 voucher by sharing your experience as a UCL student
21 February 2020
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, this competition has been cancelled. We have contacted those who have already submitted entries. Please look out for future opportunities to get involved and give your feedback to the UCL student lifecycle project.
Tell us about your UCL experience ‘In Focus’
UCL is always looking at ways to improve the student experience. We are working with external partners to better understand students' journeys on UCL undergraduate and master’s programmes.
We are running a competition – ‘UCL in Focus’ – to explore what works well and where we might improve the UCL student experience.
From induction right through to examinations and finishing your course, we want to better understand your first-hand experience. This could include parts of your commute, how you engage with various UCL services, your student life and how well each of these experiences works for you.
The best submissions will be presented to senior UCL staff, so it’s a great way to get your views on your experience at UCL heard and help improve the student journey.
We want to hear from as many students as possible from right across UCL – your experience at UCL matters to us.
Prizes for best submission in each category
There are two categories:
- Photo submission: Submit a photo series of between five–20 photos that showcase your experience at UCL including how you engage with UCL services. You may provide accompanying text or annotate your photos.
- Video submission: Submit a video no longer than three minutes that showcases your experience at UCL including how you engage with UCL services. You may provide accompanying text or annotate your video.
Representatives from our external partners will judge submissions on:
- How well the submission has captured the experience of being a UCL student/using UCL services and communicated this in a clear and accessible way;
- How well the submission has communicated what works well/what could be improved about the UCL experience;
- Creativity in the presentation of photos or videos.
Winners will be selected based on a skills-based assessment against the above selection criteria when the competition closes. One winner for each category will receive a £100 one4all voucher, and one runner up for each category will receive a £50 one4all voucher.
Important information on how to enter
- Please note that this competition is open only to current undergraduate and postgraduate taught students studying at UCL.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions for full details including information on conditions of entry. By entering the competition you agree to these terms and conditions. This includes agreeing for your submission to be shared with UCL staff and/or publicly.
- Competition opens: 9am Friday, 21 February 2020
- Competition closes: 11pm Friday, 20 March (London time)
- Valid entries must be submitted using a UCL student email address to Lizzy O'Shea. Photo submissions should be attached to an email. Video submissions should be attached to an email if possible or shared in a downloadable version through the UCL student OneDrive. Please get in touch if you have trouble submitting your video.
- Entries must include a list of sources (if relevant).
- Winners will be informed by UCL student email within 10 working days of the competition closing and will have 30 days following notification of award to claim their prize.
We will make necessary/reasonable adjustments to meet the accessibility needs of entrants.
If you have any questions, please contact competition lead, Lizzy O'Shea.
Winners will be selected based on a skills-based assessment against the selection criteria when the competition closes. One winner for each category will receive a £100 one4all voucher, and one runner up for each category will receive a £50 one4all voucher.
All data collected will be stored securely. UCL and Nous Group will not share the names of individuals when sharing submissions, but any identifying details that students submit in the content of their photo or video submission(s) may be shared as submissions will not be altered. Please ensure that you do not identify another individual without consent.
If you wish to withdraw your responses from the competition, please contact Lizzy O'Shea.