UCL International Student Orientation Programme (ISOP): Welcoming students in September 2017
5 September 2017
Each September and January, UCL Student Support and Wellbeing organise the
When is ISOP?
The ISOP week runs between 18 September and 24 September 2017. However, the exact dates of talks and events depends on the student's type of study.
- Affiliate students: Talks on Tuesday 19, Enrolment on Wednesday 20
- Undergraduate students: Talks on Wednesday 20, Enrolment on Thursday 21
- Graduate students 1: Talks on Thursday 21, Enrolment on Friday 22
- Graduate students 2: Talks on Friday 22, Enrolment on Saturday 23
What happens during ISOP?
Students attend their enrolment appointment on the day after they attend the day of 'We Are All Global' talks, which are as follows:
- Official Welcome. This includes an opening speech from a senior member of UCL staff and a Q&A with current UCL students on various aspects of settling into life at UCL. Students will find out where they can access support during their studies and affiliate students will receive information on module selection.
- UCL Opportunities. During this session, students will find out what activities they can become involved in during their time at UCL from representatives from UCL Students' Union, UCL Careers, UCL's Exchange Student Society (for affiliate students) and UCL Alumni.
- Living in London. Students will have the opportunity to hear from current UCL students about their experiences of living in London. A doctor from Ridgmount Practice will also provide advice on accessing healthcare and a representative from UCL Security will give students tips on staying safe.
- Ask an Ambassador. Students will have the chance to ask our Global Ambassadors, who are current UCL students, any questions they have face-to-face after the talks.
Throughout the week, Students' Union UCL will run a number of social events and campus tours and libraries will organise library tours. Several of the main UK banks will be present at our 'Banks Hub' on certain days to assist students with the process of opening a UK bank account. Lastly, affiliate students will have their 'Meet Your Department' sessions on Thursday 21 September, where students will visit their admitting department to discuss module selection.
Online ISOP is available for any students who are unable to attend the talks in person.
Annie Warren, Student Support and Wellbeing Adviser, UCL Student Support and Wellbeing