Apprenticeships @ UCL
18 January 2017
Later this year, UCL will be launching its new Apprenticeship Scheme across the university.
The scheme will offer a combination of work and work-based learning and development opportunities for both new starters and existing staff who have the passion, drive, and commitment to earn while they learn new skills at UCL.
The Apprenticeship Scheme will lead to apprentices being awarded nationally recognised qualifications with training delivered by approved external training providers. Funding towards the apprentice's training can be accessed from the Government's Apprenticeship Levy from April 2017.
To learn more about the UCL apprenticeship scheme including how to recruit an apprentice and the benefits they can add to your team, managers are invited to attend a formal launch event on Thursday 23 February 2017, 3pm to 5pm in the Front Pavilion in the Main Quad on Gower Street. Registration will begin at 2:30pm. Tea and coffee will also be provided.
The Provost will open the event with an introduction to the scheme and there will also be an opportunity to hear from:
- Rachel Cooper, Head of Learning and Teaching Applications in UCL Information Services Division who have recently appointed new apprentices.
- Professor Alison Fuller, Pro-Director at the UCL Institute of Education. Professor Fuller conducts research related to government supported apprenticeships, particularly around the quality of apprenticeships and benefits to the individual and employer.
- Sarah Danzie, Head of Employment Policy and Governance, UCL Human Resources.
- Tash Khan-Davis, Organisational Development Consultant, UCL Human Resources.
- Sue Welsh, Senior National Account Manager with responsibility for UCL at the Skills Funding Agency.
As space at the UCL Apprenticeship Launch is limited, please register your attendance on our Eventbrite page.
For more information about the UCL Apprenticeship Scheme, please visit our website.
Adam Connell, Senior HR Policy Advisor, HR Strategy and Planning, UCL Human Resources Division