Southern Railway dispute: UCL receives responses from Department for Transport and Transport for London
23 February 2017
In January John Parr, Interim Executive Director of Human Resources, wrote a letter highlighting the difficulties UCL staff and students faced as a result of industrial action on Southern Railway.
- Nick Brown, Chief Operating Officer, Southern Trains
- The Rt. Hon Chris Grayling MP, Secretary of State for Transport
- Sir Keir Starmer MP, Member of Parliament for Holborn and St. Pancras
- Mike Brown MVO, Commissioner, Transport for London
- Jasmine Whitbread, Chief Executive, London First.
Mr Parr has now received two responses to this letter, one from the Department for Transport and the other from Transport for London. Unfortunately Southern have not yet replied. The Department for Transport assured UCL of their intention to hold Govia Thameslink Railway to account, and drew attention to the compensation available for customers. Meanwhile Transport for London explained that they are sympathetic but currently have no remit over Southern services.
UCL Human Resources remains committed to representing the views of our staff and students, and supporting members of the UCL community affected by industrial action.