New £10k scholarship programme for first year undergraduates: apply now
2 February 2017
Are you a potential leader and researcher of the future? Your chance to enhance skills and knowledge through a mix of training and intensive summer research periods.
Successful applicants will participate in one of a
range of exciting research projects including:
- investigating Darknet marketplaces
- helping to find the oldest ice on the planet through world-leading radar technology
- studying the London Prosperity Gap and finding ways to reduce it
- comparing approaches to squatting across countries, and attending a major conference
- the use of dance and new technologies in the design of liveable cities
- how does good management affect a baseball team's performance?
Get involved in UCL research
During the course of 3 academic years Laidlaw scholars will:
- get involved in UCL's research, working with academic staff on questions of global significance
- develop and practise leadership skills in preparation for life after graduation
- participate in the UCL Global Citizenship Programme
- join a high performing group of students from across UCL
- enhance your CV and employability for the future.
This prestigious programme runs at a number of high ranking universities and is coming to be regarded as an indicator of exceptional academic and leadership promise.
Need help with your application? Bring your form to our Laidlaw drop in session on Wednesday 22nd February 1-3pm in in South Quad Pop Up Learning Hub. Or you can book a short guidance session with UCL Careers.
Christopher Cullen , Office of the Vice-Provost (Education and Student Affairs)