myUCL archive now available for staff
29 January 2015
Past issues of myUCL the weekly all-student e-newsletter are now available for staff to browse and download in an archive hosted on
Launched in October 2014, the e-newsletter aims to help improve the way UCL communicates with all undergraduates and postgraduates. myUCL features university-wide announcements, news, events, opportunities as well as urgent need-to-know information. All undergraduates and postgraduates are automatically signed up to receive this e-newsletter.
The e-newsletter was developed in response to feedback from student focus groups conducted by CAM in which it was clear that students were frustrated by the high volume of emails they were sent from all parts of UCL. myUCL has been created to streamline all this information into one convenient e-newsletter.
The main sections of the newsletter include:
- Quick links: useful links to UCL website pages with need-to-know information
- Announcements: important messages from around UCL
- Around campus: events run by all parts of UCL and how to book/register
- Opportunities: things to get involved with around campus
- Call for: surveys, research and volunteering opportunities
- UCL in pictures: images, videos and media from around UCL
- UCL in the media: interesting news articles featuring UCL and members of the UCL community
- Seven questions with: hear more about the variety of students, staff, researchers and projects at UCL
- How can I submit a story?
If you have something you would like to be included in myUCL that is relevant to a wide range of students, please send us an email with a brief outline of what the feature is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inclusion in that week's edition, please send your submission by midday on Wednesday each week at the latest. For more information about the items we include, please see the myUCL Editorial Policy.
Rachel Heatley, Student Communications Manager, UCL Communications & Marketing