ISD Helpdesk changes
18 May 2011
As part of the enhancements to the ISD Helpdesk, it will become the ISD Service Desk from the 31st May 2011.
A new ISD Service Desk webpage will also be available from this date at: www.ucl.ac.uk/isd/servicedesk
Over many months we have been developing improvements to our Service Desk organisation and processes, and implementing a very sophisticated IT Service Management tool to replace our current Helpdesk software. We will be phasing in a number of changes over time. We believe these changes will make a positive impact and deliver a more robust level of support to our customers.
The ISD Service Desk will aim to:
- more effectively track requests and incidents from start to end
- resolve most incidents and requests at first point of contact
- refer any incident and requests that cannot be resolved at the first point of contact to 2nd and 3rd line support as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Benefits of the new software will include a new Service Desk Portal, which we will launch in the summer, giving customers
the ability to:
- log incidents and service requests themselves
- track the progress of their requests and incidents online
- confirm whether their incidents and requests have been resolved to their satisfaction.
ISD Service Desk staff will be using the new software to log certain calls (reported by phone or at the front desk) from the 31st May, so you may be able to track your call using the portal, or receive a request to confirm call closure, even before the formal portal launch date.
The existing ISD Helpdesk web page will be redirected to the new one and we anticipate changing all references from ISD Helpdesk to ISD Service Desk over the coming months.
If you have any questions about these changes please contact us at: email@example.com