ESRC new Strategic Plan presentation
1 October 2009
Ian Diamond, Chief Executive of the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC), will discuss the ESRC's new Strategic Plan 2009-2014 at UCL on 20 October.
The presentation will begin at 3pm in the Gustav Tuck Lecture Theatre, with a welcome by UCL President and Provost Professor Malcolm Grant.
Those whose research falls within the remit of the ESRC or have an interest in the ESRC's work are welcome to attend. Please note that the ESRC's strategy is also likely to be of interest to researchers beyond the standard ESRC community.
The ESRC's seven strategic challenges/priorities for the next five years are:
- Global Economic Performance, Policy and Management
- Health and Wellbeing
- Understanding Individual Behaviour
- New Technology, Innovation and Skills
- Environment, Energy and Resilience
- Security, Conflict and Justice
- Social Diversity and Population Dynamics.
To read the Strategic Plan before the meeting, please follow the link at the top of this item.