Grab a grant for your engaging idea
2 December 2009
Beacon Bursaries are available for UCL staff or research students with ideas on how to improve public engagement by the university.
The fund provides grants of up to £1,500 for a project, open day or piece of training, or materials or resources that will help connect research, teaching, or learning with people outside UCL.
The grants are awarded three times a year, with deadlines in December, April and July, and this round of funding closes at 5pm on 18 December.
Typical applications for a bursary might be:
- A departmental open day (other than to recruit students)
- Costs associated with a specific piece of engagement training
- A public event
- Development costs for an application for larger funding for a major
- public engagement activity
- Fees to attend a public engagement conference
- Materials for a community arts project
- A fee for an external speaker for a public event
- Hire fees for an public exhibition, event or meeting space
Beacon Bursary awards are competitive, which means you'll need to fill in a short application form to apply.
For help or questions about applying for funding, please email the public engagement team.
Image: UCL's portico in the main quad at night