English for professional purposes course
6 August 2009
UCL Language Centre is holding the course 'English for Professional Purposes' from 17-21 August 2009.
This is a one week intensive course for non-native English speakers who would like to improve their English language skills for professional purposes. Participants will have the opportunity to work on their reading and listening skills as well as have practice in writing and speaking and will receive personalised feedback from the tutor.
Topics and skills included in the course are:
- formal versus informal greetings and introductions
- expansion of vocabulary
- improving reading ability and pronunciation
- how to recognise key elements of a text and summarise them
- listening to talks/presentations and making notes
- how to give a formal presentation
- taking part in a meeting or debate.
The course fee is £550. To find out more, visit the centre webpage.