Updated details: EPSRC funding meeting
28 March 2008
As part of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
Framework Agreement with UCL, the University will be hosting a high-level
visit by the CEO of the EPSRC, Professor Dave Delpy and a number of senior
programme directors and managers on Friday 9 May.
The visit will incorporate a Plenary Session at 11:00-13:15 which will be held in the Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre (Wilkins Building, South Wing) in which Professor Delpy will report on significant changes to the Council's programmes. This will be a unique chance to hear about the EPSRC's vision for the future and how they hope to commit in excess of £2 billion over the next three years to these exciting new activities.
A series of parallel workshops will be held from 14:30-16:30 focusing on the following strategic areas:
1. Better Exploitation and Economic Impact
2. Corporate Communication - how EPSRC and UCL can better work together
3. Digital Economy
5. Essential Platforms (including responsive mode, critical mass and Grand Challenges)
6. Towards Next Generation Healthcare
7. Nanoscience through Engineering to Applications
8. Securing the Future: Doctoral training and fellowships
9. High Performance Computing (HPC) & Infrastructure
Further information with respect to the venue of the workshops will be provided shortly. Please register your interest in attending either the plenary lecture and/or the workshops, giving details of which of the latter you would like to take part in, by emailing Alexandra Iglesias as soon as possible.
To read more about the EPSRC, use the link at the top of the article.