Staff sessions on UCL's 'International Strategy'
22 June 2005
Staff are invited to register for 'UCL: The International Dimension - Strategy & Practice', sessions building on UCL's new 'International Strategy', to be held on 14 July 2005.
The strategy is informed by last year's White Paper, Designing a 10-Year Strategy for UCL, which described the vision for UCL: to fulfil its promise to become London's global university.
In the introductory plenary, Professor Michael Worton, Vice-Provost (Academic & International) will introduce the strategy, followed by a panel discussion on 'Internationalising the Curriculum - What Does it Mean?'
A number of parallel sessions follow throughout the day (please see link above for full details).
The day's final session is 'UCL Abroad - Opportunities and Challenges: The Role of the Pro-Provosts in Internationalising UCL', featuring Professor Wendy Davies, Pro-Provost (European Affairs), Professor David Norse, Pro-Provost (China, Hong Kong and Macao) and Professor Philip Treleaven, Pro-Provost (East and Southeast Asia).
Throughout the day relevant exhibitions will be on display in the South Cloisters, including:
- 'Any Language You Want to Use' - Information Systems
- 'SSEES Today' - School of Slavonic & East European Studies
- 'International Angles of Graduate Study' - Graduate School
- 'Library Services: Supporting UCL's International Strategy' - Library Services
- 'International Job Opportunities' - Careers Service
- 'Increasing Connectivity - Building Alumni Relationships within the Global UCL Alumni Network' - Development & Corporate Communications Office.
Four advice and information sessions offered by Educational Liaison will be run, covering: qualifications equivalencies and the assessment of overseas institutions; international student pastoral support; study-abroad for UCL's students; and recruitment materials.
To find out more about the sessions and to register, use the link below.