UCL Museums & Collections
- What's on
- Online catalogues
- Museums on Prescription
- Touch and Wellbeing
- 3D Imaging
- Object-based Learning Research
- Share Academy
- CSM x Foundling Museum
- Garden stories
- Cultivating style, fashion and horticulture
- Inspiration examined
- British music experience
- Drawing life
- The Peckham Cultural Institute
- Keats in London
- The beautifullest place on Earth
- The history of publishing – William Morris and the Kelmscott Press
- Local roots / global routes: the legacies of British slave-ownership.
- The Mollie Spoon archive
- Drawing parallels – artistic encounters with pathology
- Stamp printing plates, dies and rollers – from vault to view
- Spotlight on UCL Art Museum's Slade Collections
- Artefacts of Excavation
- Past Projects
- Teaching and learning
- Professional use
- Our work
Share Academy is a partnership project between University College London (UCL), University of the Arts London (UAL) and the London Museums Group. The partnership came together through a shared belief in the potential for mutually beneficial collaboration between Higher Education and museums.
In 2012 Share Academy was funded by Arts Council England (ACE) to develop and foster relationships between Higher Education Institutions and specialist museums in London. A pilot study was rolled out between October 2012 and March 2013 exploring the challenges and benefits of partnership working and delivering a scoping study outlining the potential for collaboration in the London region.
Following the success of the pilot project, Share Academy was awarded a second grant by ACE enabling the Share Academy team to spend two years brokering, funding and evaluating cross-sector collaborations. The projects funded by Share Academy in this second phase are explored on these webpages.
Taking place in 2015/16 Share Academy: The Bigger Picture, is the next iteration of the project, during which the Share Academy team will share best practice around partnership working through existing national networks such ACE Relationship Managers and Museum Development teams.
- For more information and guidance produced by Share Academy visit the London Museums Group website and download our legacy booklet Share Academy: The Art of Collaboration .
- To contact a member of the Share Academy Team please contact Dr Helen Chatterjee and follow us on Twitter @share_academy.