MUSE is very, VERY active and always keen to showcase what we do to the public & other relevant stakeholders. We always do a fair amount of outreach activities, presenting our work, representing UCL and our department and the Women's Engineering Society. And we are AWESOME and get always invited to do more.
Selected outreach events below (we just do too many to keep up!):
- Hearts and How to Heal Them: A Science and Engineering Adventure -We not only participated but hosted a night of excellent Engineering (so many gizmos!) and Pizza for whomever wanted to talk to us about our work!. Geeky Paradise (July 2018)
- STEM for Britain 2018 - A celebration of the 'Best of British Science' in the Parliament (and we were finalists out of hundreds of applications!)(February 2018)
- The Future is Now! (Shaw Theatre, London, January 2018): MUSE work presented by Carlos to an audience of +400 people. A thrilling tell of how computational models will impact healthcare
- Three Minute Thesis Competition 2017 (UCL finalists! February 2017): Got something to say about your thesis? Can you explain it in 3 minutes? Carlos thought he could...and he did!
- UCL Mechanical Engineering Showcase Live! (It's All Academic; June 2017): Again our researchers presented our research to a large audience from 10 to 70 years old!
- Minors Fair - don't know what to do? Bioengineering might be your thing! Our researchers presented to +300 1st year students to let them know what we are all about (March 2017)
- Women in Engineering Taster Day: We promote STEM careers as a valid option for young, ambitious, clever female students! - Engineering rules! (July 2016)
- Attendance at the National Women in Engineering Day WES Conference (23rd of June 2015)
- Presentation: 'What do Engineers do?' and 'The Women's Engineering Society' to the Soroptimists of Great Britain & Ireland (Redbourn, 20th of June 2015)
- Presentation: 'The Creative Destruction of Medicine' at the 'Pint of Science' Festival (London, 19th of May 2015)
- Women's Engineering Society Council Meeting
- Online news (Nitro Digital): 'Three people/companies making a difference' (11th of November 2014)
- ANSYS Blog entry 'Using ANSYS for Doctoral Research in Cardiovascular Engineering' (12th of May, 2014)
- Presentation to the UCL Medical Society - Enterprise & Innovation Panel 'The Digital Patient' (23rd of January 2014)
- Stand: 'A Digital Patient for Europe' (ICT 2013, November 2013, Vilnius)
- Networking Panel on In-Silico Medicine during ICT 2013, organised by the European Commission (November 2013, Vilnius)
- Interview: 'The Digital Patient' (26th of June, 2013)
- Presentation: 'A furry little problem: The mysterious case of furring of the arteries' as part of the outreach series of UCL Engineering and the IBME (Pecha-Kucha format, 26th of March 2013)
- Presentation: 'Model Body - The Virtual Physiological Human' (Dana Centre, Science Museum, 6th of May 2010)
- Presentation (Cafe Scientifique): 'Meet the Marie Curie Fellows' (Research Connection, Prague, May 2009, webcast here)
- Presentation: 'Keep Moving' (The Source Event 2008, Nature Jobs careers fair, listen to the podcast). (Read a blog entry about my talk here!!)