Which Is Right For You?
Two different pathways (taught and research) are available for the following MAs, allowing you to tailor your MA programme to your academic and professional needs:
- Comparative Literature MA
- European Studies: European Society MA
- European Studies: Modern European Studies MA
- European Culture & Thought: Culture MA
- European Culture & Thought: Thought MA
- Choose from a wide range of taught modules
- Apply research skills and knowledge gained from the taught sessions to a 12,000 word dissertation based on your independent research
- Explore different aspects of the discipline in your coursework and pursue your specific interest in the dissertation
- Combination of diverse taught topics and the dissertation provides great academic experience and a range of transferable skills to help you in your further career.
- A greater emphasis is placed on independent research, without losing the benefit of high-quality teaching and academic support
- Choose from a wide range of optional modules, but take fewer taught modules in order devote more time to the longer 18,000 word dissertation
- The experience of independent research you will gain on this pathway is especially valuable if you are thinking of pursuing further academic research after your MA.
- Both pathways culminate in the award of an MA degree
- CMII does not currently offer MRes degrees
- For a detailed breakdown of credit requirements and module options, please refer to the programme pages for your chosen MA.