- Translation in History
- The Society for Comparative Cultural Inquiry
- "'My Dream:' an Intermedial Turn in Urban Aesthetics and Chinese Cosmopolitanism'
- Joint FIGS Application Deadlines
- Tagore Studentships
- CHIRP Small Research Grants Scheme
- Wolfson Scholarships
- FIGS Research Funding
- UCL Students win 2013 Arthur Terry Prize in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme announced
- Erasmus Exchange with University of Bayreuth
- Funded Masters-Level Study in China
- Student Choice Teaching Awards
- JFIGS Friday Forum: Interdisciplinarity
- Launch of Postgraduate Journal Tropos
- Arthur Terry Prize in Comparative Literature
- New Postgraduate Support Scheme
The Postgraduate Support Scheme (PSS) at UCL offers approximately 360 awards of £10,000 each to prospective postgraduate taught students. More...
Published: Mar 12, 2015 12:13:03 PM
"'My Dream:' an Intermedial Turn in Urban Aesthetics and Chinese Cosmopolitanism'
6 October 2013
Please join UCL Comparative Literature for a talk by Haiping Yan (Shanghai Jiaotong University)
Monday October 7, 5pm, Galton Lecture Theatre, 1-19 Torrington Place
Haiping Yan taught at Colorado, Michigan and UCLA, at Cornell's School of Criticism and Theory and as Director of Theatre Studies at Cornell before taking up her current position as Director of the Institute for Advanced Study in Media and Society at Shanghai Jiaotong University. Her specialties include comparative drama, theatre and multi-media performance, modernist aesthetics and critical theories, transnational studies of theatre and performance, and modern Chinese literary, cultural and social history. She has authored or edited many books, including Chinese Women Writers and the Feminist Imagination, 1905-1948 (2006); Theatre and Society: An Anthology of Contemporary Chinese Drama (ed. & intro, 1998); Globalization and the Development of Humanistic Studies (ed, 2006); her ten-act historical play Li Shimin, Prince of Qin won China's First Prize for Excellence in Drama in 1980. She has long experience in organizing transnational institutional collaborations, especially focused on globalization and comparative humanities.