- Call for expressions of interest: Director of LGBTQ Research Network at UCL
- Translation in History
- The Society for Comparative Cultural Inquiry
- "'My Dream:' an Intermedial Turn in Urban Aesthetics and Chinese Cosmopolitanism'
- Joint FIGS Application Deadlines
- Tagore Studentships
- CHIRP Small Research Grants Scheme
- Wolfson Scholarships
- FIGS Research Funding
- UCL Students win 2013 Arthur Terry Prize in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme announced
- Erasmus Exchange with University of Bayreuth
- Funded Masters-Level Study in China
- Student Choice Teaching Awards
- JFIGS Friday Forum: Interdisciplinarity
- Launch of Postgraduate Journal Tropos
- Arthur Terry Prize in Comparative Literature
- New Postgraduate Support Scheme
UCL is seeking
expressions of interest from members of staff at UCL in the position of
Director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Research
Network at UCL.
Published: Jun 4, 2015 2:54:34 PM
UCL Students win 2013 Arthur Terry Prize in Comparative Literature
15 January 2014
Arthur Terry Postgraduate Essay Prize, awarded annually by the British
Comparative Literature Association (BCLA), recognises work of outstanding merit
at Master’s level. This year's jury, which was comprised of members of the BCLA
Executive Committee, has evaluated twenty-seven entries from a range of
institutions across the UK.
The first prize was awarded to Daria Wallace
(UCL Comparative Literature) for her essay ‘Desired Endings: Questions of
Mortality and Meaning in Apocalypse Fiction’.
The third prize went to Sarah
Riddick (UCL Comparative Literature) for her essay ‘The Task of Telling: A
Defence of Third Generation Holocaust Texts through Nathan Englander’s The
Tumblers, Maus and See Under Love’.
In addition to prizes of £100, and £30 respectively, the winners are also awarded with one-year free BCLA membership.
For more information, see the BCLA Online blog.