- MA Comparative Literature Student Susannah Stevenson won the BCLA Arthur Terry essay prize 2016 for her essay titled "(Artificial) silk girls: Silk as a social signifier in the changing consumer societies of Émile Zola’s Au Bonheur des Dames and Irmgard Keun’s Das kunstseidene Mädchen". The second prize was awarded to Hajer Gam for her essay "Death, Life and Love as forms of consumption in Emile Zola’s Au Bonheur des Dames and Thérèse Raquin".
- Current Research Projects
- Read Margarita Saad's blog about her experience as SELCS artist in residence 2014'15
- Between the Lines Podcast Series
- Reading and Reception Seminars
- Translation in History Lecture Series
- Science and Literature Seminar Series
- Theatre Translation Forum
- The Society for Comparative and Cultural Inquiry
- UCL Africa Studies Blog
- Termseeker Blog
- Medical (In)humanities
- The Cine-Tourist
- Colonial Film - Moving Images of the British Empire
- Careers in Academia
UCL ranked 4th in the World for Arts & Humanities
We are delighted to announce that UCL Arts & Humanities has risen to number 4 in The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2016-17.
The THE’s World Rankings are calculated based on performance in 13 different categories, including teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
UCL Arts and Humanities achieved a higher ranking than any other UCL subject group, scoring particularly highly for 'international outlook' and the quality of research.
Centre for Multidisciplinary & Intercultural Inquiry (CMII)
Office: Room G8, South Wing, Wilkins Building, Gower Street
London, WC1E 6BT
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 7024/3676
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org