- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'I Was a Slave Labourer'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
- Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
- Film screening: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 'Despair' (1977)
- From Phantasmagoria to Science!
- Pleasure, Pain & the Capacity to Relate
- Subtitles, Surtitles & Supertitles
- Auschwitz: Awkward Approaches
- London’s Burning: Our Habitat in Times of Crisis
- Books Before Towels: Germans on the Beach
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Alice Jenkins
- Losing the Dead: Lecture by Lisa Appignanesi
- Medical (In)humanities: Secret Science
- Conference: Disturbing Pasts
- Humanity and Animality in 20th and 21st Century Culture: Narratives, Theories, Histories. An Interdisciplinary Conference
- Science and Literature Seminars: Francis Galton, Karl Pearson and the Biographical Laboratory
- 'My UCL Masters: what next?'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: Dead Snow (2009)
UCL is seeking
expressions of interest from members of staff at UCL in the position of
Director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Research
Network at UCL.
Published: Jun 4, 2015 2:54:34 PM
Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
Publication date: Mar 18, 2014 11:17 AM
Mar 25, 2014 06:00 PM
End: Mar 25, 2014 09:00 PM
Location: Cinema, Birkbeck School of Arts, 43 Gordon Square, London WC1H 0PD
The Trouble with Being Human These Days: Narrative, voice and ethics
A special preview screening of the film about Zygmunt Bauman, one of the most influential thinkers in contemporary sociology, followed by a talk, discussion and reception.
Schedule of the event:
6pm - Screening
7pm - 'Narrative, Voice and Ethics': talk by Bartek Dziadosz
7.30pm - Q&A with Mark Davis
8pm - Reception with drinks in the foyer of the cinema