- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'I Was a Slave Labourer'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
- Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
- Film screening: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 'Despair' (1977)
- From Phantasmagoria to Science!
- Pleasure, Pain & the Capacity to Relate
- Subtitles, Surtitles & Supertitles
- Auschwitz: Awkward Approaches
- London’s Burning: Our Habitat in Times of Crisis
- Books Before Towels: Germans on the Beach
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Alice Jenkins
- Losing the Dead: Lecture by Lisa Appignanesi
- Medical (In)humanities: Secret Science
- Conference: Disturbing Pasts
- Humanity and Animality in 20th and 21st Century Culture: Narratives, Theories, Histories. An Interdisciplinary Conference
- Science and Literature Seminars: Francis Galton, Karl Pearson and the Biographical Laboratory
- 'My UCL Masters: what next?'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: Dead Snow (2009)
Dr Victoria Solomonidis, Teaching Fellow at CenTraS, discusses Melina Mercouri with Maggie Ayre on Radio 4's programme, Great Lives: More...
Published: Sep 1, 2015 3:33:00 PM
Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
Publication date: Jan 30, 2014 09:53 AM
Start: Feb 04, 2014 05:30 PM
Location: Foster Court, University College London, Gower Street, WC1E 6BT (unless otherwise indicated)
The Spring Term programme for the Reading and Reception Studies Seminars has now been confirmed.
These informal seminars consider both critical approaches (all varieties of reader-response theory and critical reception in books, periodicals and the work of other authors) and material approaches (history-of-the-book topics relating to publication, distribution and circulation).
For details of seminars and related events, please refer to the Seminar Programme for Spring Term 2014