- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'La Sierra'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- CANCELLED: Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
- Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
- Film screening: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 'Despair' (1977)
The Lemmermann Foundation invites applications for its scholarship awards. More...
Published: Apr 10, 2014 10:30:34 AM
Speaker: Dr Miguel Bernal-Merino, Roehampton University, London
Starts: May 6, 2014 5:00:00 PM
Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
Publication date: Feb 18, 2014 4:57:12 PM
Start: Mar 24, 2014 7:00:00 PM
Location: Pearson Lecture Theatre, Pearson Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Second screening of 'Portraying Perpetrators', a film series organized by the “Reverberations of World War II” group at UCL
'The last film of Polish director Andrzej Munk. A German woman on a ship coming back to Europe notices a face of another woman which brings recollections from the past. She tells her husband that she has been an overseer in Auschwitz during the war, but she has actually saved a woman's life. Her vision is shown and then the actual events.' - IMDB
The film will be shown in the original version with English subtitles.
- For more information, see the Portraying Perpetrators Film Series page.