- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'La Sierra'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- CANCELLED: Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
- Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
- Film screening: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 'Despair' (1977)
The Lemmermann Foundation invites applications for its scholarship awards. More...
Published: Apr 10, 2014 10:30:34 AM
Speaker: Dr Miguel Bernal-Merino, Roehampton University, London
Starts: May 6, 2014 5:00:00 PM
Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
Publication date: Feb 18, 2014 4:50:06 PM
Start: Jun 6, 2014 7:00:00 PM
Location: Garwood Lecture Theatre, 1st floor, South Wing, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
Fourth screening of 'Portraying Perpetrators', a film series organized by the “Reverberations of World War II” group at UCL
'In this chilling and inventive documentary, executive produced by Werner Herzog, Errol Morris and André Singer, the unrepentant former members of Indonesian death squads are challenged to re-enact some of their many murders in the style of the American movies they love.' - 'The Act of Killing' website
- For more information, see the Portraying Perpetrators Film Series page.