- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'La Sierra'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- CANCELLED: Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
Publication date: Feb 18, 2014 4:37:07 PM
Start: May 12, 2014 7:30:00 PM
Location: Pearson Lecture Theatre, Pearson Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Introduced by Alexandra Senfft
Third screening of 'Portraying Perpetrators', a film series organized by the “Reverberations of World War II” group at UCL
'German filmmaker Malte Ludin explores the questionable legacy of his father, executed Plenipotentiary Nazi Party Minister Hanns Ludin, in this documentary that delves into a dark family history while exploring just how stories are passed down through the generations. It's been 60 years since the end of World War II, and though the story of Hanns Ludin is now a matter of public record, his family continues to whitewash their history and deny the brutal facts.' - rottentomatoes
The film will be shown in the original version with English subtitles.
This event is co-organized by the UCL European Institute.
- For more information, see the Portraying Perpetrators Film Series page.