- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'I Was a Slave Labourer'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
- Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
- Film screening: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 'Despair' (1977)
- From Phantasmagoria to Science!
- Pleasure, Pain & the Capacity to Relate
- Subtitles, Surtitles & Supertitles
- Auschwitz: Awkward Approaches
- London’s Burning: Our Habitat in Times of Crisis
- Books Before Towels: Germans on the Beach
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Alice Jenkins
- Losing the Dead: Lecture by Lisa Appignanesi
- Medical (In)humanities: Secret Science
- Conference: Disturbing Pasts
- Humanity and Animality in 20th and 21st Century Culture: Narratives, Theories, Histories. An Interdisciplinary Conference
- Science and Literature Seminars: Francis Galton, Karl Pearson and the Biographical Laboratory
- 'My UCL Masters: what next?'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: Dead Snow (2009)
Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
Publication date: Feb 18, 2014 02:21 PM
Mar 11, 2014 04:00 PM
End: Mar 11, 2014 06:00 PM
Location: Sir David Davies Lecture Theatre, G08, Roberts Building, Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7JE
UCL Film Studies Presents:
A film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
Colin MacCabe is Distinguished Professor of English and Film at the University of Pittsburgh and also Visiting Professor in English and Film at UCL. He has written extensively about literature and cinema, and produced a number of films with Derek Jarman, Terence Davies, Isaac Julien and many others.
- Ways of Listening (Colin MacCabe, 2013)
- Spring (Christopher Roth, 2014).
The films are part of a film series on the life and work of the British writer and thinker John Berger.
Reception to follow.
Page last modified on 18 feb 14 14:17