- British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Sibylle Erle
- Medical (In)Humanities Workshops: Institutions, Languages & Social Practices
- Reading and Reception Seminars Spring Term Programme
- Taboos, Trends and Debates in Contemporary Scandinavian Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Ann Lewis
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Patrick Pollard
- "You don't look old!": Public lecture by Lynne Segal
- Film screening and conversation with Professor Colin MacCabe
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'Harlan: In the Shadow of Jew Suss'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: '2 or 3 Things I Know about Him'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Act of Killing'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'I Was a Slave Labourer'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: 'The Passenger'
- Visiting Lecture in Comparative Literature
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Dr Carolyn Burdett
- Film screening: The Life of Zygmunt Bauman
- Film screening: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 'Despair' (1977)
- From Phantasmagoria to Science!
- Pleasure, Pain & the Capacity to Relate
- Subtitles, Surtitles & Supertitles
- Auschwitz: Awkward Approaches
- London’s Burning: Our Habitat in Times of Crisis
- Books Before Towels: Germans on the Beach
- Reading and Reception Seminars: Professor Alice Jenkins
- Losing the Dead: Lecture by Lisa Appignanesi
- Medical (In)humanities: Secret Science
- Conference: Disturbing Pasts
- Humanity and Animality in 20th and 21st Century Culture: Narratives, Theories, Histories. An Interdisciplinary Conference
- Science and Literature Seminars: Francis Galton, Karl Pearson and the Biographical Laboratory
- 'My UCL Masters: what next?'
- Portraying Perpetrators screening: Dead Snow (2009)
UCL is seeking
expressions of interest from members of staff at UCL in the position of
Director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Research
Network at UCL.
Published: Jun 4, 2015 2:54:34 PM
British Comparative Literature Association (BCLA) Autumn Graduate Reception
Publication date: Oct 15, 2013 09:10 AM
Oct 22, 2013 05:30 PM
End: Oct 22, 2013 07:30 PM
Location: The Old Refectory, South Cloisters, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
Welcome and introductions:
Dr Elinor Shaffer, BCLA
Timothy Mathews, Professor of French and Comparative Criticism, Vice-Dean Research, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, UCL
‘Comparing by Being Overwhelmed. On being inspired by Alberto Giacometti’
Melanie Albright, UCL
‘No Place Like Home: Exilic Implications in Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises and Camus’s The Fall’
Jeanne Hashemian, UCL
‘As Death Lies Dying: Paralysis of Death in the Trobriands’ Mythology and Ovid’s Metamorphosis”
Urvashi Vashist, UCL
‘The ‘Outsider’ and ‘The Independent, Mobile Republic’: Dialectics of Dissent In Virginia Woolf and Arundhati Roy’
We will follow these talks with a reception with wine, juice and food, and an opportunity for informal discussion.
do join us! All are welcome.
Organised by British Comparative Literature Association, hosted by the UCL Faculty of Arts & Humanities.