Centre for Space Medicine
The Centre is inherently interdisciplinary in nature involving BioMedical, Cognitive / Robotics Engineering, Information Technology and Space Sciences domains.
- Use Space as a laboratory to study, to expand our understanding of the human condition and to develop techniques and technologies to facilitate exploration missions and healthcare on Earth
- Develop sustainable cross-disciplinary education programmes in space life, medical and engineering sciences, with additional focus on applied technology through topics of cognitive engineering, automation design, human factors and human computer/robot interaction in healthcare, exploration and operation in extreme and isolated environments.
- Investigate and instigate biomedical open innovation projects through cross-disciplinary efforts between space, medical and engineering science research teams.
- Spin-out space techniques and technologies developed within UCL into the health sector and public sector to improve the quality of everyday life.
- Create on-going collaborative initiatives, of a public and school outreach.
- Establish new and strengthen existing industrial and academic partnerships with US, Europe, Russia and within the UK.